Monday, March 24, 2008

John Adams #3


In the beginning John told Abagail that he had to go to Paris and Abigail got mad. She didn't want him to go because the family needed him. John won the fight and went to Paris, but he had to bring his son John Quincy Adams with him. On the boat ride there, John got sick and there was also a battle between his ship and a British ship. John's ship won but the captain's leg got blown off by a backfired cannon. John Adams picked him up and brought him down to the bottom of the ship to the surgeon. The surgeon saw the captain's leg off and it was really gross, I couldn't look. Then when John Quincy Adams and John Adams got to France they meet Benjamin Franklin, then Franklin told john Adams that he all ready made the treaty. John Adams was really mad at Benjamin Franklin for making the treaty with out him, he took john Quincy and went to his room. That night there was a dinner party and John Adams was a huge hit. The next day Ben Franklin and John Adams met with someone about the treaty and greatly disrespected him. Ben Franklin then mailed a letter to Congress saying what happened and they kicked John Adams out and sent him to the Netherlands. John Adams got money from them and became very sick. Then he sent his 14 year old son to Russia to be this man's secretary. In the end, John Adams became so sick he was seeing double and was dizzy.


The main character of this series is john Adams. John Adams seems like a very up-tight man who is very strict. I don't think that I would like him if he was alive in this time period. he is the protagonist of the story and the antagonist is the British and anyone that doesn't believe what he believes. Some other characters are, Abigail Adams, John Quincy Adams, the rest of his children, Ben Franklin, George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson.


I really like this TV series, I think that this is an interesting show and it is educational. I really like how all of the show is "historically accurate." I dislike how sometimes I do not understand what is going on or where they are. I also get confused by how they speak. other than that i really like this series.


The writer of this series, Kirk Ellis also has written Untitled Jakie Robinson Project, Into the West, Anne Frank: The Whole Story, The Three Stooges, The Beach Boys: An American Family, The Grass Harp, The Naked Truth, Hired to Kill, and Nightmare at Noon. The only show that I have seen of his is John Adams, but I am looking forward to see the rest.
A stragegy that I used while reading this book was that I made a prediction that Ben Franklin would stay in France. I was right about my prediction. I also made a connection to my life because once, my mom, dad and sisters went to Montaulk and forgot me at my cousins house. I had to stay there for the weekend. This episode reminds me of that.



No comments: