Saturday, November 3, 2007

Stealed With A Diss


In the beginning of this book, The Pretty Committee wins "The Alfa Room", they are so exited, and know that it will be all theirs next year. To ruin all of that, Massie makes a deal with Skye that she would get Chris Albeley to ask her to her costume party. That was before they found out about ESP. Apparently, they Briarwood boys take a class that they reveal their deepest secrets, and there is a hidden camera in that room. The Pretty Committee sneaks in during science, and uses it to find dates to Skye's party. Claire and Massie find out some secrets about them that they would have rather not known. Cam, (Claire's boyfriend) is talking about some Nikki person and Claire thinks that he is cheating on her. Derrington, (Massie's boyfriend) has a huge problem with Massie... he thinks that she is immature, when she thinks he is immature. In the end of the book, everyone breaks up, except Alicia. ESP did not help them at all, it ruined them. The only thing that did work out was they got Chris Albeley to date Skye, before they found out that she didn't like him anymore.

The theme of this book is drama, because almost everything that goes on in this book develops a problem. All of the problems are boy related, and that causes lots of drama between friends. That is why I think that the main theme of this book is drama.

One conflict that they needed to solve was that they needed to get Skye a date to her costume party. At the time Skye really liked Chris Albeley, but apparently, Chris liked Massie. It was really hard for them to get him with Skye because Chris thought that he was Massie's date. To solve the problem, Massie ditched Chris right in front of Skye and then Skye dissed him and walked away. Skye found Massie, Claire, Alicia, Kristen and Dylan and told them thanks for trying, but she didn't like Chris anymore. So it took months of planning , and there was never anything to plan in the end.

They're are four main characters in my book, and they make up the Pretty Committee. There is Massie, Alicia, Kristen, Dylan and Claire. They are the most popular people in the seventh grade, and soon to be eight grade. They are all stuck up rich people that live in Westchester, and are mean to everyone else for their own sick pleasure. I don't know what it is, but I just love these characters!

One thing that I love about Lisi Harrison's writing, is that I can never put down any of her books, they are so good. She always paints a great mental picture in my head whenever I read one of her books. She is also good at knowing exactly how our lives are right now, and is almost exactly right about what goes on in our heads.

Some things that I hate about her books, is that she always finds something mean to say to another character, even ones in the Pretty Committee. Other than that, I love everything about this book.

One reading strategy that I used while reading this book was visualization. I can always picture something in my head in every seen, it was like a never-ending movie. I also used a book to life connection, because my friends and I always tease each other, just like in the book.

The author of this book is Lisi Harrison, and she also wrote The Clique, Best Friends For Never, Revenge of the Wannabes, Invasion of the Boy Snatchers, The Pretty Committee Strikes Back, Dial L For Loser, and Breakfast at Tiffany's. This is my favorite series, and one of my favorite authors!

No comments: