Thursday, June 12, 2008

John Adams #4


In the beginning of this episode he goes to Holland and the Dutch loan money to John Adams for the war. It took a while to convince them but he did so he got money from them. After that John Adams returns to France and Abagail meets him there. They left their children in the care of tutors the rest of there schooling until Charles, (the smallest son) is at least 18. John Adams also invited the Adams' great friend Thomas Jefferson. Thomas Jefferson always seemed to be sad because his wife and child both recently passed away. While in Paris they also see Ben Franklin with a new wife. During their visit John has a meeting with King George III and it goes very well. In the end of this episode John and Abigail return to Boston and reunite with their children. They find out that Charles has a drinking problem, John Quincy has a serious relationship and Colonial Smith and Abby start to like each other.



In this episode John Adams makes me feel bad for his children. I think that Charles is the way that he is because his parents both left the country at a very young age. I do not like the way that John treats his family, he is so strict I think that people are actually scared of him.



I liked how the Adams' family was reunited in this episode and I am happy that they weren't apart for way too long. I don't like the children's personalities though, I think that Abby is too quiet, John Quincy is too proper, Thomas is okay and Charles is too rebellious. I also don't like how they kind of left Thomas Jefferson in France alone.



In this episode I made a prediction that John Adams is going to get really mad at Charles for drinking. Another strategy that I used was that I made a connection between episodes. I connected the 3rd episode and this episode because in the 3rd one John gets sick. In the forth he is still very sick.



The writer of this series, Kirk Ellis also has written Untitled Jakie Robinson Project, Into the West, Anne Frank: The Whole Story, The Three Stooges, The Beach Boys: An American Family, The Grass Harp, The Naked Truth, Hired to Kill, and Nightmare at Noon. The only show that I have seen of his is John Adams, but I am looking forward to see the rest.

No comments: