Thursday, June 12, 2008

John Adams #5


In this episode John Adams is elected vice president. He gets unhappy when Colonial Smith asks John Adams for his blessing to marry his daughter. John Adams yells at him and says no way. Abigail talks to him so he reconsidered and let the two marry. Months later they have their fist child. Charles asked his father for his blessing to get married to a girl named Sally and again John says absolutely not. Charles and John Adams got into a fight when Charles yells at him for never paying attention to him as a kid and leaving him in the care of tutors. Charles gets married to Sally anyway and then they have a child. While all of this is happening Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson are trying to spilt into two groups called the Federalists and the Republicans. George Washington and John Adams both don't approve of the idea. After George Washington served two terms John Adams was elected president.



In this episode John Adams is very cranky and he is always mad. I hate his attitude the most in this episode because he becomes president and vice president and he acts like he doesn't even care. I also especially don't like the way he treats Colonial Smith and Charles in this show.



Something that I liked about this episode was that Abby and Colonial Smith got married and had a child. I think that is something to bring up the mood of this episode instead of all of the fighting going on. Another good thing was how Charles and Sally got married. The other things that I enjoyed in this episode was the fact that John was elected both president and vice president.



A strategy that I used was making predictions and making connections. The prediction that I made was that I predicted that even though John said Charles couldn't get married he would do it anyway and he did. A connection that I made was to my humanities class, we learned that John Adams was the 2nd president and the 1st vice president.



The writer of this series, Kirk Ellis also has written Untitled Jakie Robinson Project, Into the West, Anne Frank: The Whole Story, The Three Stooges, The Beach Boys: An American Family, The Grass Harp, The Naked Truth, Hired to Kill, and Nightmare at Noon. The only show that I have seen of his is John Adams, but I am looking forward to see the rest.

No comments: