Saturday, June 7, 2008

John Adams #1


In the beginning John was returning to Boston after a trip. When he came home he heard gun shots so he went into town and saw British solders firng at people in a crowd. A few days later John was called into court to represent the military official. John Adams didn't want to lose so he tyred everything in his power to find the truth. It turned out that the official was Innocent because the crowd was tormenting the solders. They were throwing rocks and screaming mean things out to them so the solders fired there guns into the horrible crowd. There was a witness that said that someone had yelled fire, but it was not the Captain. The whole thing was a misunderstanding. After the trial, John went down to the harbour and he witnessed a British tax collector get tar and feathered. The tax collector said that they needed to pay the tax in order to get the tea and someone said to tar and feather him so they did. When he went home he was asked to be a member in the Continental Congress, or it was a group of politicians (I don't remember). He went and volunteered George Washington to be the general of the Revolutionary War.



The main character of this episode was John Adams. I don't like his personality at all. I think that he was a good lawyer, but I don't think that he should have volunteered George Washington without asking him. Another thing that I did like about him though, was that he felt bad when they tared and feathered that Innocent man.



Something that I really liked about this episode was how the court seemed so realistic. I loved the way that he questioned everything and I thought that that was very well done. Another thing that I loved about this episode was how the jail that the Captain and the solders were put in looked so real, I felt like I was right there watching when this took place.



A reading strategy that I used was making predicting, when prediction that I made was that I thought that the townspeople would get mad at John Adams for representing that British man in court, but luckily my prediction was wrong. Another strategy that I used was that I made a connection to my humanities class. I made this connection because we learned about people getting tarred and feathered and we also learned about the Boston Massacre.



The writer of this series, Kirk Ellis also has written Untitled Jakie Robinson Project, Into the West, Anne Frank: The Whole Story, The Three Stooges, The Beach Boys: An American Family, The Grass Harp, The Naked Truth, Hired to Kill, and Nightmare at Noon. The only show that I have seen of his is John Adams, but I am looking forward to see the rest.






No comments: